EPUB Documentation

Jesse Phillips Jesse.K.Phillips+D at gmail.com
Tue May 14 20:45:41 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 15 May 2013 at 03:15:46 UTC, Borden wrote:
> Thank you very much, Walter, for your reply. I hope I've done
> it correctly. I may use this thread to post various questions
> about what I find in the repo as I stagger through it. As I
> consider how to approach this problem, here are some questions:
>
> 1) what is the recommended way to manipulate XML in D? Is there
> a task force (to the extent that such things exist in open
> source software) to address the shortcomings?

No "task force" someone needs to take on the task by themselves
or with willing participants. We just know the current std.xml is
not acceptable for the long term.

There is a xml library written by Michael who has shown interest
in having it included into Phobos. Though I can't say it is on
par with where we'd like std.xml to be.

http://wiki.dlang.org/Review_Queue

> 2) I'm trying to get a sense of the tools repo on GitHub. Am I
> correct in inferring that it consists of utilities to help the
> makefiles in the other repos? Is this project going to blossom
> into something else?

My understanding is that it is for extra things that support D.
But can not speak to its direction.