EPUB Documentation

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed May 15 10:22:14 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 09:52:09 Alix Pexton wrote:
> I've also not really thought that much about the API yet, I have a plan
> for the features that I want, but recall from previous discussions that
> SAX-like callbacks were desired by some, and full DOM-like interfaces by
> others.

Ideally, I would expect multiple levels to it. The lowest one probably
wouldn't even be a SAX parser (something closer to StAX probably), and then
SAX and DOM parsers could be built on top of that. Then you can get the
absolute best speed possible out of it depending on what your requirements
are, and we give people the choice between SAX and DOM (as well as the lower-
level API if they really want raw speed and don't need the higher level
features of either SAX or DOM).

- Jonathan M Davis