(X)HTML/XML in DDoc

Sergei Nosov sergei.nosov at gmail.com
Thu May 16 02:30:22 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 16 May 2013 at 06:46:55 UTC, Borden wrote:
> I want to understand why DDoc prefers macros to some XML-based
> markup.

As kind of a follow-up, I wanna ask why DDoc prefers macros to
some lightweight markup language like Markdown. For me, it's
really uncomfortable to read the documentation in the source
itself because of numerous $(MACROS ) stuff.

I believe there's nothing that fancy an inline documentation
should do, to use some "dead-proof" features like those macros.
Marking bold like *so* is far more user friendly than $(B so).

And it's not that limiting also - tools such as pandoc do a great
job converting lightweight markups to pretty neat HTML, LaTeX,
PDF and what not.