Array void init

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Fri May 17 07:58:23 PDT 2013

On Fri, 17 May 2013 02:46:31 -0400, Stewart Gordon <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On 27/04/2013 06:29, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> <snip>
>> Have you considered what this does?  Consider a standard [1.0, 2.0]
>> call:
>>
>> In essence, it pushes 1.0 and 2.0 onto the stack, then calls a function
>> to allocate the memory and use the given data.
> <snip>
>
> Does it?  I would have thought it stores the numbers in the static data
> segment, and uses a block memory copy in order to use it to initialise a
> static array.

Last time I checked, that's what it did.  But it may have changed.

As Timon and deadalnix say, it's a bug in implementation.  In any case, I
was focusing only on the [] expression, not the fact that you are
initializing a static array.  The static array initialization should
change how the expression is handled.

-Steve