Struct with default ctor (Was: [dmd-beta] dmd 2.064 beta take 2)

Maxim Fomin maxim at maxim-fomin.ru
Sat May 18 07:55:48 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 14:43:30 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 5/18/13, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>
> wrote:
>> This is what I call the "low potential energy mental block".
>> Very hard
>> to get out of.
>
> Well in any case, I'd like to gather all intel on why it's bad
> allow a default ctor so we can put it in the documentation as a
> rationale. It will avoid endless discussions.

I think when you collect arguments why it is bad to have a
default ctor, you will found how easily they are beaten by
contraarguments. Endless discussions comes from community
disagree with Walter, not because of endless flow of people
asking same question, getting same answer and quiting discussion
repeteadly.