QtD fails to build on Arch Linux

Igor Stepanov wazar.leollone at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 15:02:19 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 17:24:21 UTC, Tyler Jameson Little
wrote:
> I'm on 64-bit, so I've used the 64-bit patch [1] on bitbucket
> to get the compile started. I get a lot of these errors:
>
> 	[  3%] Building CXX object
> CMakeFiles/cpp_core.dir/cpp/qt_core/QAbstractItemModel_shell.cpp.o
> 	/home/otto/sandbox/qtd/build_dir/build/cpp/qt_core/QAbstractItemModel_shell.cpp:
> In member function ‘virtual QModelIndex
> QAbstractItemModel_QtDShell::buddy(const QModelIndex&) const’:
> 	/home/otto/sandbox/qtd/build_dir/build/cpp/qt_core/QAbstractItemModel_shell.cpp:83:141:
> error: taking address of temporary [-fpermissive]
>
> qtd_QAbstractItemModel_buddy_QModelIndex_const_dispatch(QObjectLink::getLink(this)->dId,
> &__d_return_value, &qtd_from_QModelIndex(index0));
>
> I'm using gcc 4.8 if that makes a difference.
>
> I've noticed that the original developers have more or less
> abandoned it (a patch for finding 64-bit dmd sits in the issue
> tracker gathering dust), but it seems to be the only Qt binding
> out there. I've noticed on the D forums that the developers
> have possibly lost interest [2].
>
> So, has anyone else had problems building QtD recently? Is
> there any community interest in maintaining it?
>
> If people need it, I'd consider looking into fixing the current
> build status, but I can't commit to maintaining it long-term
> since I don't have any active projects that need it. I may in
> the future, hence the tentative offer to help.
>
> [1]
> https://bitbucket.org/qtd/repo/issue/4/cmake-finding-dmd#comment-4087437
> [2]
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/mailman.461.1349112690.5162.digitalmars-d@puremagic.com

This project very interest for me. But current QtD is supports
only 4.8 Qt version. If anybody wants to revive this project and
know something about Qt binding specific (this is not simple c++
binding, as I know. How bind QT_OBJECT macros?), I can to help
him. Anyway, if someone tell me about QtD develop ideas, I'll be
very grateful:)

About this build trouble: add -fpermissive to CXXFLAGS and all
will be builded and work correctly (to the best of my memory)