C++ constructors, destructors and operator access

Igor Stepanov wazar.leollone at yahoo.com
Sat May 18 16:18:40 PDT 2013

On Saturday, 18 May 2013 at 22:55:34 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 05/18/2013 03:23 PM, Igor Stepanov wrote:
>
> > natural C++ mangle
>
> That's part of the problem: C++ name mangling is not
> standardized.
>
> Ali

But D compilers are using C++ mangle for extern(C++) functions
now.
I think, this trouble can be solved in a glue layer of compiler.
Now, on posix we can use gcc c++ mangle, on windows - dmc/visual
c++ mangle.
As I know, there is not many kinds of c++ mangle. over 10:)
Current implementation use only two: dmc for windows, gcc for
posix. If another back-end will be added, we can add another
mangle support.
I think, C++ to D binding is a very important issue. If D will
provide good mechanism of binding, some projects will can be
simple moved to D and some project leaders will can choose D to
develop his projects.