QtD fails to build on Arch Linux

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Sat May 18 20:34:54 PDT 2013

> This project very interest for me. But current QtD is supports
> only 4.8 Qt version. If anybody wants to revive this project
> and know something about Qt binding specific (this is not
> simple c++ binding, as I know. How bind QT_OBJECT macros?), I
> can to help him. Anyway, if someone tell me about QtD develop
> ideas, I'll be very grateful:)

I'd like to get this working with Qt5, but I don't even know
where to begin. If I get time, I'll start diving into the code to
see if I can figure something out.

Concerning that, would you find it advantageous to support both
Qt4 and Qt5? Also, what about dynamic vs static bindings? [1]

> About this build trouble: add -fpermissive to CXXFLAGS and all
> will be builded and work correctly (to the best of my memory)

Thanks, that works, but it saddens me to do this. Since I'm new
to the project, I don't know if that's a binding issue or if it's
a Qt one. I've adopted the package on the AUR and I'll be
updating the PKGBUILD with the flag.

[1]
http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_/technical/game-programming/binding-d-to-c-r3122