RFC: mysql-native - Supporting both Vibe.d and Phobos sockets

Gary Willoughby dev at kalekold.net
Sun May 19 03:43:37 PDT 2013

> Fixed.
>
> Removing the assert turned out to be the correct solution after
> all.
> The assert was based on a faulty assumption, and none of the
> code
> actually relied on the assertion passing (see the ticket above
> for more
> detailed info).

Great, thanks Nick. I have however found a few other issues.

Using this code:

	auto connection = new Connection(MySQLSocketType.phobos,
"127.0.0.1", "root", "r00t", "Project");
	auto command    = new Command(connection, "INSERT INTO tblUser
(name, age) VALUES (?, ?)");
	command.prepare();

	ulong rowsAffected;
	string name;

	foreach (int age; 0..100000)
	{
		name = "Test User";
		command.bindParameter(name, 0);
		command.bindParameter(age, 1);
		command.execPrepared(rowsAffected);
	}

Raises two simple to fix errors in the connection code.

1). mysql/connection.d(3845): Error: more initializers than
fields (5) of ParameterSpecialization

Basically the initialisation of the structure contains too many
parameters.

2). mysql/connection.d(3858): Error: no property 'dummy' for type
'ParameterSpecialization'

The structure doesn't contain a 'dummy' property. Debug info i
guess?