Request d.vim testing

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun May 19 19:24:33 PDT 2013

On Saturday, May 18, 2013 20:12:16 Jesse Phillips wrote:
> Hello Vim users,
>
> Sadly I don't have a good set of unittests for highlighting. I've
> made some changes and think that it will be good to have them
> part of vim 7.4
>
> I'm requesting that you check that the new file has not butchered
> highlighting for you.
>
> https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/d.vim
>
> * ASM blocks highlight comments
> * in/out contracts no longer highlighted as storage class
> * If a module name is the same as a keyword it will not be
> highlighted on module declaration or import.
> * scope highlights as a statement, as a storage class in
> parameter list
> * pragma will highlight known commands (lib,msg)

Using this new d.vim file, I get whole piles of errors just opening an empty
.di file - starting off with

Error detected while processing /home/jmdavis/.vim/syntax/d.vim
line 4:
E477: No ! allowed: <!DOCTYPE html>
line 5:
E488: Trailing characters: <html>

and so on and so forth. I'm using vim 7.3 on Arch Linux. Maybe I need 7.4 for
it to work? Or maybe something else in my setup is messed up. I only grabbed
the syntax/d.vim file from your repo, since I don't know what the others are
and don't currently have anything like them, so that may or may not be a
factor. But based on the errors, it looks like my local version of vim just
plain can't handle the new d.vim syntax file.

- Jonathan M Davis