Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Daniel Murphy yebblies at nospamgmail.com
Mon May 20 10:33:01 PDT 2013

"Tyler Jameson Little" <beatgammit at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:vtaufckbpdkpuxyztyoi at forum.dlang.org...
> I've been looking into trying to fix QtD, but it seems writing a binding
> to a C++ library is a bit complicated. I've read on the forums that a
> native D GUI toolkit is the most desirable long-term, so I'd like to start
> that discussion.
>
> [snip]
>
> Thoughts?

I don't know much about Qt's source, but automatic conversion to D, like we
are doing for the compiler, might be worth looking into.  If it is written
in modern-ish C++ (not too many preprocessor hacks), which from a quick look
it appears to be, this might be a much more reasonable task than writing a
new gui lib from scratch.