Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Mon May 20 12:28:09 PDT 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013 12:09:47 -0700, Nick Sabalausky
<SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 May 2013 11:01:35 -0700
> "Adam Wilson" <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Graphics programmers who can make GPU's sing,
> [...]
>> UI designers capable of replicating the looks [REPLYER'S EDIT: "and
>> feel"] of each OS.
>>

> Embrace native and those two concerns disappear.
>
> And that latter of those two is *NEVER* going to be pulled off
> successfully with a non-native toolkit anyway.

Demonstrably untrue. Windows Aero in WinForms (native OS widgets) and WPF
(retained mode GPU rendering) are pixel identical. Only way to tell the
difference is if it doesn't use the default (native) styling. Nick, I work
exclusively in WPF/XAML all day every day at work, but the last app I
wrote was WinForms, what's your experience?

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender