Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Mon May 20 12:55:11 PDT 2013

On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 05:25:50 UTC, Tyler Jameson Little
wrote:
> Thoughts?

I don't think it will make it in Phobos. At least not for a long
time. It will first need to be proven and show a strong use in
the community/world.

As said, it is a massive undertaking so people are skeptical and
I like the point made that it will require collaboration from
many knowledge areas.

Linux was mentioned. Just remember Linus is just building an OS
for fun, trying to see if he can mimic Unix on his system. He
doesn't have any interest in supporting hardware non-SCSI (or
something like that) since he doesn't have a machine with that
hardware. The fact that others are providing support for those
things and he is merging them in is irrelevant.

I like DWT, but it is a lot to learn. I've been using DFL and
wish to switch to DWT but re-writing my simple GUI isn't a
priority. DWT could use a D face, but I'm ok with examples
compiling with little change.