Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon May 20 15:02:21 PDT 2013

On 5/20/13, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hell, I've even done this.
> https://github.com/adamdruppe/misc-stuff-including-D-programming-language-web-stuff/blob/master/simpledisplay.d
>
> nothing fancy but it works.

Yeah I did one of my own as well. It's kind of in a todo state, I
started implementing layout support but then got so tired of trying to
figure out how to properly do it that I've left it to collect some
digital dust for a while.

On 5/20/13, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh btw I think a generic event loop is important too, for gui and
> non gui stuff.

Yeah that's interesting. I went the Qt route and implemented a
prioritized message queue, so higher-priority events get dispatched
before lower-priority events. And then for other more important things
events can be dispatched immediately rather than queued (this is very
much like Qt's sendEvent vs postEvent).

On 5/20/13, Adam D. Ruppe <destructionator at gmail.com> wrote:
>>     2) Solid leadership.
> but yeah this isn't me.

If I had the actual experience of using major GUI libs like WPF for an
extended period of time (and preferably in a commercial setting where
successful projects were released), then I'd volunteer to do it.
Otherwise it's no good acting like Stalin if you don't know exactly
*what* you're doing. :P