Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Mon May 20 15:08:18 PDT 2013

On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 22:04:06 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> everyone has their own unique idea and where they disagree with
> each other.

I don't even agree with myself! If I was restarting that
simpledisplay from scratch right now, I'd probably do it
differently. The method I used there was like an interface and
then a bunch of mixins, the idea being that the OS
implementations could then be easily moved to a different file
and the interior interface and the exterior interface are
decoupled... but adding features to it the way I did it here
feels like it could be easier.

But this is partially why I just slap together these files myself
and toss them out there: I think too many discussions have too
much talk and not enough code. Even if it is crappy, something
that works (yet is also disposable if it ends up being really
awful) is better than nothing.