Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Kiith-Sa kiithsacmp at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:04:02 PDT 2013

On Monday, 20 May 2013 at 23:40:34 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
> On 5/21/13, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sub-pixel font hinting. Almost no games use this, and almost
>> every OS
>> toolkit does.
>
> There used to be a nice article about font rendering in OpenGL
> (methinks) here: http://h3.gd/dmedia/?n=Tutorials.TextRendering1
>
> But the link is dead. Most h3r3tic links are dead, not even
> archive.org has them.

I have code based in that tutorial in my current project:

https://github.com/kiith-sa/awesome2D

See the font subdirectory and demo/texturepacker.d
(Note that the package/module structure is badly organized due to
rushing).

A slightly different implementation is in my older project, ICE,
but it doesn't compile with current DMD.

I'm also working on a simple in-game GUI library as a part of
this project,
but I'm only doing what I need myself (which is virtually nothing
right
now, because time) and its not nearly  as convenient to use as it
could be. Also, not intended for OS-style GUIs, just game GUIs
and maybe non-standard stuff like what you see in graphics
programs.

H3r3tic had a more advanced GUI framework (still not native),
hybrid, which IMO has a far better API than any framework I've
seen, but I never found the source,
only documentation somewhere on his (unmaintained) site.