Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Tyler Jameson Little beatgammit at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:40:00 PDT 2013

> I can't tell if this is snark or not so I'll assume it isn't.
> :-) I don't know how likely cross-language portability is to be
> achieved by any UI toolkit, way to many things that need more
> advanced language features. If we use D we'd probably end-up
> using a non-portable set of language features anyways...
>
> It'd be nice, but given how constraining C++ is compared to D
> it might not be practical in the long run. Although the
> rendering interface might be able to plug with D. That should
> be simple enough...

A little bit of snark, but there's some truth there. I realize
that my work will likely come to naught, but I think it's an
interesting project none-the-less. I'm tired of the industry's
focus on C++, and it seems that most people have come to accept
it. C++ devs I know would gladly move to D, if it had proper
tools, such as a GUI library.

Personally I hate C++; I find it to be a terribly confusing
language with no real benefit, except the availability of
libraries, which isn't even a language feature. I do, however,
think that whatever D uses should be relatively portable. I'm not
sure how easy it is to import D code into C++, but it seems to be
possible.

Maybe I'll just have a go and check back once you're done with
you're bickering ;)