Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue May 21 00:11:00 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-20 20:01, Adam Wilson wrote:

> A UI toolkit in D would be a fantastic showcase for demonstrating just
> how powerful D is. But make no mistake, it will not be easy getting it
> done.

I agree. It's a massive amount of work. Before we can even think if
starting a project like this there are a lot of things needed to be
implemented and fixed. I don't keep list of these things but, I'm
thinking: runtime reflection, ABI compatible with Objective-C (this is
really needed before doing any work on Mac OS X), other similar things
that can be implemented regardless if the GUI toolkit gets implemented.

--
/Jacob Carlborg