Ideal D GUI Toolkit

eles eles at eles.com
Tue May 21 00:47:55 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 21 May 2013 at 06:41:24 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-05-20 07:25, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
> Here we go again, yet another massive thread about GUI toolkits
> :)

Anyway, the thread is already started, I think the alternatives
are:

1) pick up a major well-known GUI library, fork it and spend some
important time to re-write in D. Choices: Qt, GTK, wxWindows etc.

2) pick up a lighter GUI library, while still cross-platform, and
re-write it in D. Spent time is less. Choices: FLTK, FOX Toolkit

3) start from scratch and write something new, while still having
to decide if will wrap OS widgets or no.

Just to be sure that you know about FOX Toolkit:

http://fox-toolkit.org/goals.html