Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Tue May 21 10:46:44 PDT 2013

On Tue, 21 May 2013 00:24:30 -0700, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:

> On 2013-05-21 05:32, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
>
>> As for my opinionated ideals (doesn't affect the overall design much):
>>
>> * no XML (yaml maybe, but XML just isn't user-friendly)
>
> Do people actual "code" in the markup. Isn't that just for a GUI
> building tool.

I wouldn't call markup coding. It's designing, and ideally it's WYSIWYG,
but properly done it's completely separate from code. A markup UI language
should exist completely on top of the langauge. The best case scenario is
where the markup language can be translated down to any other language
supported by the UI framework by a compiler switch.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender