std.uni vs std.unicode and beyond?

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue May 21 11:23:24 PDT 2013

On Tue, 21 May 2013 16:51:01 +0400
Dmitry Olshansky <dmitry.olsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> The pitch by deadalnix:
>
> I strongly push into renaming it to std.unicode . As said in the
> other thread : uni can be unicode, but also unique, union, unit,
> uniform, unix, unijambist, whatever.

Or a British University. :)

FWIW, I prefer "std.unicode", and I have absolutely no personal
objections to having to change my code to match. And heck, it's
easy enough to ease transition with:

module std.uni;
public import std.unicode;
alias std.unicode.foo foo;
alias std.unicode.bar bar;
pragma(msg, "Please import std.unicode instead of std.uni")
EOF

But that said, if people say "we don't need no steeenkin' module
renaming!", I'm perfectly fine with that, too.

tl;dr: My preference is "std.unicode", but I don't really care.