Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Peter Williams pwil3058 at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 21 22:00:25 PDT 2013

On 21/05/13 17:24, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-05-21 05:32, Tyler Jameson Little wrote:
>
>> As for my opinionated ideals (doesn't affect the overall design much):
>>
>> * no XML (yaml maybe, but XML just isn't user-friendly)
>
> Do people actual "code" in the markup. Isn't that just for a GUI
> building tool.

My experience (with PyGTK) is that GUI building tools actually make the
task harder not easier (once you become familiar with the API).  Of
course, things may have changed since I last used such a tool but I
doubt it.

Having said that I have to admit that I've implemented my own "list/tree
specification" mechanism for that particular job because it made it
easier to find where to make changes.  In my defence, last time I used
one of the GUI building tools it contained no support for building lists
and trees so making my own made sense.

Peter