new DIP41: dmd/rdmd command line overhaul.

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed May 22 11:26:47 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 08:40:46 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> D is far from being called anything near stable. Every single release of
> DMD has broken DWT. I don't know for how many releases but quite many.
> Probably the whole 2.05x and 2.06x series.

And continuing to tweak APIs and the like for minor improvements won't help
with that. Yes, it's still the case that too much breaks from release to
release, but I believe that that's mostly an issue of compiler regressions at
this point, and those only get caught if enough people try the beta (which is
why some have been pushing for Walter to announce the beta in D.announce
rather than just in the beta list, which he's done this time around). Even if
the situation isn't yet where we want it to be, it _is_ improving, and we want
to make sure that the decisions that we make encourage stability so that we
_will_ be considered stable in the near future.

- Jonathan M Davis