Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed May 22 21:29:06 PDT 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:51:17 +1000
Peter Williams <pwil3058 at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> On 22/05/13 16:44, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > On 2013-05-22 07:00, Peter Williams wrote:
> >
> >> My experience (with PyGTK) is that GUI building tools actually
> >> make the task harder not easier (once you become familiar with the
> >> API).  Of course, things may have changed since I last used such a
> >> tool but I doubt it.
> >
> > Then you obviously haven't used Interface Builder/Xcode on Mac OS X.
> > It's a great tool for window building.
>
> That is indeed the case.  I avoid all things Apple as my experience
> has been that they seem to think they still own a device after
> they've sold it to me.

Unfortunately *everyone* seems to think that now. And not just
devices, software too. You should hear a lot of the game industry:
many of the people there (not all obviously, but a lot) *genuinely*
believe first-sale doctrine is invalid/inexcusable/inapplicable/etc and
that they still have true, unalienable rights *after* the first sale.
It's unbelievable, it's like talking to caricatures of Enron execs.