Ideal D GUI Toolkit

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Wed May 22 23:36:03 PDT 2013

On 2013-05-23 01:51, Peter Williams wrote:

> That is indeed the case.  I avoid all things Apple as my experience has
> been that they seem to think they still own a device after they've sold
> it to me.

I can understand that. But if we are to create something like this
thread suggest I would say that it's almost irresponsible to not try all
the alternatives. Ok, it might not be that easy to try the Apple stuff,
need the correct hardware and so on. Yes, there are workarounds as well.

> What you describe isn't a very attractive work flow (for me).  Using
> PyGTK direct I just use normal OOP techniques to extend widget classes
> and adding a widget to a window is very simple operation (1 statement)
> and certainly doesn't need a GUI to achieve it.

You will need do the same thing in Xcode as well. What I described here
was how to add a custom view, that you already have created using
inheritance, using the GUI builder to a window. I can add as well that
you're not forced to use the GUI builder, but it's generally easier.

--
/Jacob Carlborg