new DIP41: dmd/rdmd command line overhaul.

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:06:07 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 17:14:52 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 5/23/13 9:22 AM, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> Andrei, there is a perfect, diplomatic solution to this - you
>> make a
>> survey of D community, and if the majority votes "YES" for a
>> breaking
>> change, then after that when someone complains, you just give
>> that
>> person a link to the survey result, with a comment "you asked
>> for it!".
>
> Making a survey is difficult; only a small subset hangs out in
> this newsgroup. True, that subset is the most influential.

Name related stuff are beneficial when you learn. Once you
remember the new name, it is way less beneficial.

std.uni seems to have confused a lot of people when they learn.
The thing is that people that already use std.uni will have their
code broken and do not get something out of it.

Same goes for command line.

Change is difficult to lead when the one who pay for it isn't the
one who benefit from it.

As a side note, I still go back to PHP doc for many function I
use for years, because order of argument is completely random.
Some part of phobos feel the same.