D on next-gen consoles and for game development

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Thu May 23 23:27:52 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 18:13:17 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
> Johannes Pfau's work in progress -vgc command line option [3]
> would be another great tool that would help people identify GC
> allocations.  This or something similar could also be used to
> document throughout phobos when GC allocations can happen (and
> help eliminate it where it makes sense to).

I have yet to look at any of these entries but I went ahead and
built phobos with Johannes' -vgc and put the output into a
spreadsheet.

http://goo.gl/HP78r (google spreadsheet)

I'm not exactly sure if this catches templates or not.  This
wasn't a unittest build, just building phobos.  I did try to
build the unittests with -vgc but it runs out of memory trying to
build std/algorithm.d.  There is substantially more -vgc output
when building the unit tests though.

Obviously a lot of these aren't going anywhere but there's
probably some interesting things to be found wading through this.