DLang Spec rewrite (?)

Borden 2013 at bordenrhodes.com
Sat May 25 11:10:53 PDT 2013

Good afternoon, all,

I would still like to compile the D Lang Spec into EPUB (and
possibly other formats) but, as we discussed in these threads:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/bsbdpjyjubfxvmecwhjl@forum.dlang.org
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/uzdngvjzexukbgkxdzpi@forum.dlang.org

having the D Lang Specification written in DDoc macros is making
it extremely difficult to work with.

I ask, therefore, what opposition would there be to me rewriting
the DLang Spec files into another format that will be easier to
parse and compile for the website, PDF, Latex, eBook and other
formats? If the answer is 'minimal', 'go ahead' or 'it's your
funeral', then my follow-up question is 'what format would be the
easiest to write, debug and maintain?'

For greater clarity, I am NOT proposing to rewrite the
DDoc-generated library documentation or any other pages outside
of the spec. In the makefile, they are defined as the files
covered in $(SPEC_ROOT).

With regards,