DMD under 64-bit Windows 7 HOWTO

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sat May 25 22:03:54 PDT 2013

On Sat, 25 May 2013 18:24:41 -0700, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:

FYI. DMD did not work out-of-the-box on a vanilla VS2012/Win8 install. The
Windows 8 SDK no longer includes the C++ compilers and VS2012 doesn't
setup the Environment Variables used in sc.ini.

But the most annoying part is that using the Win8 SDK causes the linker to
spit out dozens of external symbol resolution failures. It was at this
point that I gave up.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender