Why UTF-8/16 character encodings?

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Sun May 26 09:54:51 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 15:23:33 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 14:37:27 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> IHBT.

> I've made my position clear: I don't write toy code.

1. Make extraordinary claims
2. Refuse to back up said claims with small examples because "I
don't write toy code"
3. Refuse to back up said claims with elaborate examples because
"It will
take too long"
4. Use arrogant tone throughout thread, imply that you're smarter
than the creators of UTF, and creators and long-time contributors
of D (never contribute code to D yourself)

Result: 70-post thread

Conclusion: Successful troll is successful :)