Why UTF-8/16 character encodings?

Marcin Mstowski marmyst at gmail.com
Sun May 26 12:17:07 PDT 2013

Character Data Representation
Architecture<http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/cdra/>by
IBM. It is what you want to do with additions and it is available
since
1995.
When you come up with an inventive idea, i suggest you to first check what
was already done in that area and then rethink this again to check if you
can do this better or improve existing solution. Other approaches are
usually waste of time and efforts, unless you are doing this for fun or you
can't use existing solutions due to problems with license, copyrights,
price, etc.