Tuples

Diggory diggsey at googlemail.com
Sun May 26 13:38:24 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 15:48:00 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I wonder if people coming to D, looking for information about
> tuples,
> will get confused by http://dlang.org/tuple.html which seems to
> tell
> people they have to "roll their own", and
> http://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html which tells people
> they have
> been pre-rolled in the standard library?

I found this especially confusing because the built-in Tuple is
defined differently.

The Tuple in that example is equivalent to the definition of
TypeTuple, and yet TypeTuple is supposedly specific to types
while that example (as so by implication TypeTuple) apparently
works just as well with other contents.

On top of that Tuple is the one that only works with types - any
string expressions are extracted and used as names... Surely a
tuple which can only store types should be a TypeTyple and a
tuple which can store anything should be a Tuple.