[article] Language Design Deal Breakers

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun May 26 13:40:59 PDT 2013

On 5/26/2013 1:21 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Cool. I did a couple of indie/budget games back in late high school,
> early college (roughly 1998-2002) for royalties that probably ended up
> working out to much less than minimum wage. But it still beat the hell
> out of McDonald's! ;)

That's true. I learned a hell of a lot - best min wage job I ever had! I did a
whole bunch of embedded systems then, and they were real projects for real
customers, not demonstration projects.

The company I was working for, Aph, could have been Microsoft. But they snatched
defeat from the jaws of victory, and disappeared. Management simply had no idea
what they had. (Of course, I had no idea at the time, either.)