DLang Spec rewrite (?)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun May 26 19:12:57 PDT 2013

On Sunday, May 26, 2013 22:08:44 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > But we can't have a general
> > ddoc solution for this without changing how ddoc works in a way that makes
> > it so that it's not just a macro system anymore.
>
> I totally think we can. All ddoc has to do is insert some macro call
> automatically under certain conditions. That wouldn't make it less
> general because you get to define macros anyway you wanna.

Well, if we can do it, great. I hate having to use $(P). But it does involve
dmd inserting stuff on its own based on the format for the text rather than
using macro expansion (much as what it inserts would presumably be macros to
expand). However, as long as we can do that, it should be quite feasible.

- Jonathan M Davis