[article] Language Design Deal Breakers

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Mon May 27 00:13:26 PDT 2013

On Mon, 27 May 2013 08:22:02 +0200
"Paulo Pinto" <pjmlp at progtools.org> wrote:

> On Monday, 27 May 2013 at 01:29:12 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> >>   http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Mattel/Soccer.htm
> >>
> >> That's before my time. :) I have played with ones similar to
> >> this though:
> >>
> >>   http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Nintendo/Octopus.htm
> > [...]
> >
> > Whoa. This one brings back the memories! Was this the one where
> > you had
> > to evade the tentacles and get to the sunken ship and back? I
> > must've
> > been a primary schoolboy when I played this game (never owned
> > it though
> > -- I used to visit my grand-uncle's electronics store and
> > played it
> > there).

> Oh man! My first handheld,
>
> http://www.gameandwatch.com/screen/widescreen/manhole/index.html

These were my first:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/Pinball.htm
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/ElectronicFootball.htm
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/DoubleDragon.htm
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Tiger/NinjaGaiden.htm

(I like this thread, it makes me feel comparatively young ;) )

I played the heck out of those pinball and football ones. Strange
though, I had totally forgotten about those two until browsing that site
just now.

I also had the Castlevania II, MegaMan 2, and some racing one from a
different company, not sure who. No idea what happened to any of them.
(The watch one I remember I lost a loooong time ago.)

Many years later I participated in a very fun little "Make an
LCD-handheld style game" homebrew competition with a GBA entry (got
third place): http://pdroms.de/files/gameboyadvance/my-robot-v1-0