DMD under 64-bit Windows 7 HOWTO

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Mon May 27 00:51:38 PDT 2013

On Sunday, 26 May 2013 at 23:33:56 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, 26 May 2013 16:22:54 -0700, Manu <turkeyman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 26 May 2013 15:03, Adam Wilson <flyboynw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sat, 25 May 2013 18:24:41 -0700, Manu
>>> <turkeyman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> FYI. DMD did not work out-of-the-box on a vanilla VS2012/Win8
>>> install. The
>>> Windows 8 SDK no longer includes the C++ compilers and VS2012
>>> doesn't setup
>>> the Environment Variables used in sc.ini.
>>>

>> Ah wow, sorry! I had no idea!
>> I tent to lag 2-3 revisions behind the head of VS (finally
>> using 2010) ;)
>> They seem to make every version worse!
>>

> Indeed. Some days I wonder if they actually care anymore.

Well they really try hard to piss off developers.

The last issue is the announcement that VS 2012 update 3 is the
last one and developers will need to buy VS.Next for the
remaining C++11 updates and the by side updates are actually not
going to happen.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2013/05/08/some-thoughts-on-a-comment-about-vs-2012-3.aspx