Rust-based provocation :)

Dicebot m.strashun at gmail.com
Mon May 27 10:51:32 PDT 2013

On Monday, 27 May 2013 at 15:45:04 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Monday, 27 May 2013 at 14:36:59 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> But issue is not creating minimal run-time, it is creating
>> minimal one that still has most part of language usable.
>
> eh the question is what is "most"? Even my little 200 line
> thing has: functions, templates, scope closures, structs
> including operator overloading, static arrays, slices,
> pointers, __traits+ctfe, scope guards, switches, and more.

I am intrigued. I have tried to create something to support at
least "C with templates" style but hit the wall when found out
that templates currently require TypeInfo's. Looking at object.d
source, it looks like you are generating TypeInfo stubs that can
be optimized away, have I understood it right?

P.S. I can't get to run your "minimal.zip" example because of
"object.d(87): Error: mismatch between compiler and object.d or
object.di found." which does not really make sense in scope of
line 87. Any ideas? Have changes all relevant stuff from x32 to
x64 as far as I can see.