dlang.org/posix.mak dependencies

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon May 27 18:19:27 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 03:05:26 Borden wrote:
> The thing, though, is that, unless I've misread the makefile,
> dlang.org doesn't have any code that needs compiling. All it
> needs DMD for is to generate the documentation (which, I'm
> presuming, can be accomplished by the most current released
> version)

Maybe. Probably. But it's not guaranteed.

> and generate the docfiles for the Phobos libraries
> (which, I'm guessing, should be compiled against a current
> release of the libraries).

IIRC, it compiles both the most recent release and the current git master. To
do that, it needs all of the latest stuff. The odds of it working with the
released compiler rather than the one in git master are far, far higher than
they used to be, but it still may not work some of the time.

- Jonathan M Davis