More on "Component Programming"

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon May 27 19:13:12 PDT 2013

Andrei Alexandrescu:

> We need to fix that! std.algorithm.sort should include builtin
> sort's functionality,

What is the missing functionality we are talking about?
I think the only advantage of the built-in sort is that it causes
less template bloat and less compilation time.

Anyway, I'd like to see a warning or deprecation for the built-in
sort soon... Unless you/we want to un-deprecate it and fix it
better. Keeping several things for lot of time in a
"will-be-deprecated" limbo doesn't sound good for a serious
language.

Bye,
bearophile