Why UTF-8/16 character encodings?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon May 27 21:27:44 PDT 2013

On 28 May 2013 13:22, David Eagen <davideagen at mailinator.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 01:38:22 UTC, Peter Williams wrote:
>

>> So you're going to spell check them all to make sure that they're
>> English?  Or did you mean ASCII?
>>
>> Peter
>>

> That's it. I'm filing a bug against std.traits. There's a unittest there
> that with a struct named "Colour". Completely unacceptable.

How dare you!
What's unacceptable is that a bunch of ex-english speakers had the audacity
to rewrite the dictionary and continue to call it English!
I will never write colour without a u, ever! I may suffer the global
American cultural invasion of my country like the rest of us, but I will
never let them infiltrate my mind! ;)