D on next-gen consoles and for game development

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Tue May 28 07:01:37 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 13:56:03 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Yep, I can imagine it would work really well, if the front-end
> implemented
> the logic to factor out redundant inc/dec ref's.

It isn't the best idea to do this sort of optimizations
(entirely) in the front-end, because you really want to be able
to aggressively optimize away such redundant operations after
inlining at what previously were function boundaries.

But then again, if you use AST-based inlining like DMD does, it
might just work… ;)

David