Canonical/Idiomatic in memory files

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:52:23 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at 17:46:36 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> (and I honestly don't know what
> you'd be trying to do with it where it would make any sense for
> to operate on anything other than an actual file).

That's easy! Suppose you have a nice library that's practically
unchangeable:

SomethingHard readComplicatedFileFormat(File f);

and you'd like to embed the data in the exe. If it took string,
that'd be easy:

auto t = readComplicatedFileFormat(import("my.file"));

but since it only takes File, you need some kind of adapter.