[article] Language Design Deal Breakers

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Wed May 29 09:27:41 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 29 May 2013 at 15:02:53 UTC, Regan Heath wrote:
> Which is what exactly?  That 2 features not-null and @disable
> this() are the same thing?  They're not, one is a subset of the
> other.  That they require the same compiler functionality, we
> all agree, but that's not really important or relevant.  What
> is relevant is whether NotNull can be implemented using
> @disable this, and you've agreed that it can.

In the first place, I was simply answering people that were
claiming that non null pointer require more work compiler wise
than @disable this(). For some reasons, this was repeated and put
out of context.

The point is made to debunk the false argument that non null is
extra work. Nothing more, nothing less.