Need some opinions for a GUI editor

Flamaros flamaros.xavier at gmail.com
Wed May 29 14:43:02 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 29 May 2013 at 19:35:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2013-05-29 12:22, Flamaros wrote:
>
>> You think it's easier to do or to use?
>
> I would think it's easier to develop such editor. Probably just
> as easy to use as a built in editor.
>
>> We can't do serialization because our GUI files are lua
>> scripts.
>
> I assume you will have some kind of objects floating around in
> memory. Serialize those to whatever format you use, in this
> case Lua.

We'll have nothing else than Lua declarations, and Items
properties aren't simple values because we are using propety
bindings pattern (you make take a look at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QML).

With that their is nothing static, to illustrate if you size the
window all can be adapted efficiently by user defined behaviors.