Why UTF-8/16 character encodings?

Entry no at no.com
Thu May 30 01:32:01 PDT 2013

On Wednesday, 29 May 2013 at 23:57:01 UTC, Peter Williams wrote:
> On 30/05/13 08:40, Entry wrote:
>> My personal opinion is that code should only be in English.
>
> But why would you want to impose this restriction on others?
>
> Peter

I wouldn't say impose. I'd say that programming in a unified
language (D) should not be sabotaged by comments and variable
names in various human languages (Swedish, Russian), but be
accompanied by a similarly 'unified' language that we all know -
English. It is only my opinion though and I wouldn't force it
upon anyone.