Inability to dup/~ for const arrays of class objects

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 09:25:51 PDT 2013

On Thu, 30 May 2013 12:08:45 -0400, Maxim Fomin <maxim at maxim-fomin.ru>
wrote:

> No, sorry this cannot be accepted. Formal definitions can be changed due
> to private POV and as far as spec exists, it is higher priority on any
> private POV, especially when it is problematic.

If we don't use the same terms to mean the same things, then there is no
point in discussing.

The spec's definition is somewhat wrong, and needs to be clarified.  This
is an important thing when people coming from other languages are trying
to anchor what they know to what D provides, we need to use correct
terminology.

Once that is fixed (and you can come to grips with the change), we can
discuss.

-Steve