Inability to dup/~ for const arrays of class objects

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 10:59:56 PDT 2013

On Thu, 30 May 2013 13:52:08 -0400, Jonathan M Davis <jmdavisProg at gmx.com>
wrote:

> And of course, with the spec, TDPL, and the standard library (e.g.
> isDynamicArray) all using the term dynamic array pretty much
> interchangeably
> with the term slice when discussing arrays, I don't know that there's any
> chance of really clarifying the situation beyond explaining it to people.

I think clarifying is what we need to do.  We need to inform the user
reading the spec that although D calls them dynamic arrays, they aren't
true dynamic arrays in the formal sense.

array slices is a better/more appropriate term IMO.  I agree it would be
near impossible to change all references to dynamic arrays, especially
isDynamicArray.

-Steve