2.063 release

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu May 30 13:13:13 PDT 2013

On 5/30/13 12:48 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> On 5/30/13 9:04 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
>> It seems that download speed is about 500b/s, so about 3 weeks to
>> download :-(
>>

> Hrm.. what happened to the links on the download.html page? They should
> all be pointing at an s3 url:
>
> http://downloads.dlang.org.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/releases/2013/
>

> Yes, the sort order on that page is wanting. But it's not intended to be
> _the_ download page, just a quick way to see the underlying files if
> needed.
>
> Andrei/Walter, why happened?

I am the one who switched to download over HTTP. The reason is that I
hadn't anticipated the enormous demand following the announcement, and
we really need to collect download statistics, which are already built
in dlang.org. You mentioned those can be gotten from S3, so I'm counting
on that.

Thanks,

Andrei