Dynamic array and slices (need Walter and Andrei decision)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu May 30 13:50:42 PDT 2013

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 16:42:43 Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> Just my opinion. I'm perfectly fine with leaving things the way they are,
> or with removing the article if it's too controversial.

I don't think that the article is a whole is particular controversal - just
its use of terminology. And overall, it's a fantastic article. So, it would be
far preferable to adjust its terminology than to get rid of it. And I have no
problem with the article pointing out that D's use of the term "dynamic array"
differs from how the term might be typically used elsewhere (particularly if
that will help people understand D arrays better), but I do think that the
article should use terminology which matches the spec - particularly since
it's on dlang.org.

- Jonathan M Davis