I was wrong

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu May 30 14:15:17 PDT 2013

On Thursday, 30 May 2013 at 18:06:03 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> about the changelog. Andrej Mitrovic has done a super awesome
> job with the changelog, and it is paying off big time.
>
> I am very happy to be proven wrong about it.

Yes, this sort of improvement should never ever be underestimated
for what it achieves.

D looks much more professional and of a higher quality than ever
before, and it's irrespective of the underlying code or technical
merit. Much more popular languages may be less technically sound,
but the high quality documentation and warm fuzzy feelings they
provide help greatly to promote these languages.

For myself, being able to see at a glance what version 2.063
delivers and what to expect when I upgrade is a huge improvement.
Even if nothing was done other than to supply a better change
log, I'd still buy it!

--rt